Don't have a PD measurement? You can...
- Contact your optometrist or
- Use our PDCapture technology to measure it for you, directions below.
- Place an order for prescription eyeglasses or prescription sunglasses on FramesDirect.com. Take note of your order number.
- Make sure that you have nothing blocking your eyes (eyeglasses, hair, etc.)
- Place a CD/DVD under your chin holding it straight up and down, with the label side facing the camera. (See photo)
- Take a photo looking straight ahead at the camera. Your photo should include a FULL view of your head and the CD/DVD.
- Send photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. IMPORTANT : Include your order number in the subject line.
FramesDirect.com is able to measure a patients' PD (Pupil Distance) instantaneously from a photograph. Using proprietary facial recognition and imaging technologies, the system automatically recognizes known objects and reflections from the cornea, called Purkinje images.
If no Purkinje image is available, the system is able to recognize the borders of the iris to accomplish the same stunning level of accuracy.
Pupil distance measurements are taken at the time of an eye examination. Occasionally the PD information is omitted on an eyeglass prescription.
Now, getting a PD measurement as accurate as the doctor's can be done by taking a head shot and sending along to our team of expert opticians.